Monday, February 6, 2012

36 Weeks = 6 Months Old

As I sit here thinking of what to write for Ayda's six month entry, all I can think about is the first moment I met Ayda. At 11:08 a.m. on August 9, 2011 at St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham, Ayda was placed on my stomach for the first time. I never felt a connection to her until she laying on me and that connection that I felt was the biggest feeling of love I have ever felt for a human. I will never be able to describe the feeling except it was enough to make me cry and my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. When they took her away to be measured and weighed, she had a hard time getting all the fluids out of her lungs and controlling her heart rate. They decided to put her back on me, skin to skin, and that calmed her down. Her heart rate settled and her breathing became normal. I enjoyed each time I had skin to skin time with Ayda because I knew how good it was for her and me.

Now, Ayda is 6 months old and she rather sleep in her own bed. I try to be the one to put her to sleep by holding her and walking (she doesn't like rocking with me). But once she is ready to be asleep she cries and moves around until she is put down in her bed. It is amazing how time has flown by and how much Ayda has changed.





Ayda's food diary this week, we tried green peas (2/2/12):
Why does that food look like chopped up grass?

I don't believe THAT should be in my mouth!

Definitely not in my mouth!!!

You are going to try this again? I got news for you!

My bib taste better then that "grass"!


 She did start liking peas, but it was tough in the beginning!

Last Saturday (2/4/12) morning at 3 a.m., she woke up and started talking to herself. I stayed in bed listening and thinking if I was going to change her diaper or get the bottle first. Next thing I know, she is no longer talking to herself and back asleep. This is a very big step for our Sweet Baby Ayda. This was the first time she went to back to sleep by herself.

When we all woke up officially on Saturday, we decided to make a trip down to Tuscaloosa, AL. I haven't had the time to see the April storm damage and I have never visited Tuscaloosa before.  I got my haircut, we drank coffee at Starbucks while Ayda had apples and milk at Starbucks. We were also able to visit with Bill and Wade. The area that was hit the most reminded me of what the 9th Ward in New Orleans looked liked when I visited it two years after Katrina.



Back at Starbucks with Great Grandmother.
Sleeping on Dad at Belk!
Then on Sunday (2/5/12), Ayda and I took time to be by ourselves and just enjoy each other. I am not able to do this during the week because of all the daily things that must be done. Then Gram and Great-Grandmother came to visit. We all had lunch at Red Lobster (even Ayda had her apples). Then we went to Belk for some shopping because Gram lost weight and needed new clothes. (Congratulations!) Josh ended up eating with us after church and was able to hang out with us. We finished the trip at Starbucks, where Ayda met a new friend (a little girl about 11 months old) who walked up to Ayda and they watched each other. But after two big days (not her normal routine), Ayda was ready to be back at home. 



When we finally got home, Josh went to the Superbowl party for the Youth while Ayda and I continued to have Mommy and me time. What a fantastic weekend!

2/6/12: Starting the week off right with Ayda kisses!

2/6/12

6 Month Memory: Her six month foot prints next to her three month foot prints! (2/6/12)

Talking about Ayda being six months old today, we have been working on cleaning her new clothes because she has become so long that her pants look like capris. 

2/7/12: Ayda is 6 months old today!

2/6/12: Not the best idea. If you look close,
Ayda is using my hair like you would use reins on a horse. 
2/7/12: I'm 6 months old!!




No comments:

Post a Comment